Privacy and cookies policy
P&S Medical Education Limited trading as NB Medical Education (“We”)
are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy
(together with our Websites Terms and Conditions of Use
and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which
any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be
processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our
views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR compliance the data controller and nominated representative for the purpose of the Act may be contacted by emailing: email@example.com or by writing to The Data Protection Officer, P&S Medical Education Limited, The Quadrus Centre, Woodstock Way, Boldon Business Park, Tyne & Wear, NE35 9PF .
Information we collect from you
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites www.nbmedical.com, www.nb-learning.com, www.nbmedical.secure-apps.net and https://nbmedical.secure.force.com (our sites) . This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by P&S Medical Education Limited trading as NB Medical Education, and when you report a problem with our sites.
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of information that you provide as a result of your booking for a course and paying for such course using our sites.
- IP Addresses and Cookies
- We collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our sites according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our sites.
Where we store your personal data
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the deregister link situated at the foot of all promotional email correspondence.
- You may also contact our Data Protection officer directly email@example.com , or use this link click here to send us information requests.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 women aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in London, SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
What are our lawful bases for processing?
The lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. We have identified we process data under the following criteria
(a) Consent: the individual has given clear consent for us to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
(b) Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with the individual, or because they have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
(c) Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
Disclosure of your information
We disclose your personal information to members of our P & S Medical
group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its
subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If P&S Medical Education Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to in them, and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of P&S Medical Education Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and you have the right to have your data removed completely from our system. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or by using this link click here to change your preferences. Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have not been satisfied with the response from us regarding your rights, you can contact the ICO (information commissions office) directly here https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
Access to information and your rights
You have the right to access information held about you, to have this data corrected or removed completely. Your right of access can be exercised at any time. We may seek to verify your identity before disclosing the data as due process. This will follow an internal procedure that is standardised across the company. You may also submit an information request / change click here
GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
1. The right to be informed
2. The right of access
3. The right to rectification
4. The right to erasure
5. The right to restrict processing
6. The right to data portability
7. The right to object
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com